Wednesday 17 October 2018

what happened next!


since last Tuesday I've been super busy ive done loads of painting mainly on the archangel!
it looks sooooo good and im very happy with how his new paint job turned out hes not finished yet but near enough.  I've also started the slog of painting all those ogrun.  The warspears just need fur doing now and some blood effects, I'm also thinking of tribal markings and patterns like snow cammo as they have prey and are more like hunters than the warmongers.  For the ice witches I've copied vayl as they both have snow wreathed and have tried to give off the impression that only bits can be seen as they are in a magical blizzard so ive picked out different parts of each model to try n make that work.

I also managed to play a game with anamag to get some practice in as moving all those models is a pain.  In between games I practiced deploying and moving turn1 as this is the part I can do at home to help shave off some time when it counts.  This has some downsides while learning to move and deploy on auto pilot is not a bad idea you should how ever take into account scenery and where its placed!
so for some weird reason I cant flip the photo round but that's not the issue what went wrong was I ran the chosen infront of the blight bringer who I'd lined up slightly off centre from the house which ended up bogging down that entire right flank in a bid to speed up so the lesson learnt is look at the terrain BEFORE moving key pieces.  The up shot in all this is that I reached turn5 before getting clocked which is a massive improvement on my last game where I ended up having 20min left at the end of turn 2.  My goal is set up and 3 turns in 20 mins! This shouldn't be completed un achievable as I'm running turn1.

Next week more painting stuff and more games this time against circle as I shuffle ever closer that goal.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment